The GIS Technician works under the supervision of the GIS Manager. This position performs technical GIS functions including but not limited to, editing and maintaining data layers, generating maps, data collection, and performing data analyses.
The GIS Technician will:
- Edits and maintains existing datasets in SDE
- Produces maps for internal and external customers
- Collects data using Trimble mapping grade GPS unit
- Assists with addressing and geocoding
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The model candidate for this position is someone who:
- Understands relational database design concepts and schema
- Proficient in cartography and map design, including coordinate systems, projections, and map scales
- Consistent capacity to pay attention to detail and organization
- Ability to research and solve problems with a systematic and analytic approach
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others
- Must have excellent customer service skills.