The Education Committee’s mission is to increase the awareness and use of geographic information in education. The current focus is working with educators to incorporate geospatial learning into the K-12 curriculum.
- The UGIC Education Committee supports educators by:
- Assisting with “GIS Days” throughout Utah. GIS Day showcases geospatial technologies to students to make them aware of the possibilities and capabilities of geographic information technologies.
- Hosting an educator workshop as part of the UGIC annual conference. This workshop provides hands on learning and networking opportunities for teachers.
- Providing support for educational mapping workshops and events throughout Utah
- Organizing an educator mentor program for teachers and classrooms. The program connects teachers with local geospatial professionals willing to provide technical and subject support for incorporating geographic information into the classroom.
If you would like to join the UGIC Education Committee contact Chris McGinty at [email protected] or (435) 797-0653