Work Hours: M-TH 8:00-6:00pm; F 8:00-12:00
Work Location: South Jordan City Hall
Opening Date: 10/30/2018
Closing Date: 11/13/2018
Department: Administrative Services
Supervisor: Chief Technology Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet performance standards established with the employee’s manager.
- Job attendance is required, except for authorized leave.
- Coordinate with City departments, outside agencies, and the public on assigned projects.
- Provide end to end technical support and problem resolution for city databases and enterprise software. Create accounts for all users and assign security levels. Launches support tickets with software vendors as well as follow up on open tickets until the issue has been resolved.
- Assists end users with troubleshooting software issues, identifies and provides new processes and/or changes to existing systems to meet their needs and objectives. Conducts in-service training sessions.
- Creates database management procedures. Researches, examines, evaluates and makes reports and recommendations on database issues.
- Oversee major enterprise software maintenance scheduling.
- Oversee deployment of enterprise software for optimum maintainability.
- Ensure proper software licensing documentation of enterprise software.
- Coordinate the operational activities for the asset management program and GIS systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education and Experience:
A. Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college with a degree in Computer Science or related field.
B. One (1) year of work experience in job duties listed above.
2. Special Qualifications:
Valid Utah Class D Driver’s License
3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of advanced principles and operating procedures of computer systems and related equipment; personal computer hardware and software products, peripheral equipment and its interface with a mainframe; operational characteristics, services and activities of an agency-wide computer program
- Ability to display effective oral/written communication skills; possess strong problem solving skills; ability to display leadership and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage time effectively under minimal supervision; self-motivated; ability to recognize work-flow inefficiencies, recommend, plan, and implement effective solutions; support team goals and be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, Access, and Adobe products.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time pressures to meet deadlines; ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to solve problems in creative ways, be self-motivated, and to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work activities; skill in reading, writing, and basic math; knowledge of survey field techniques and survey language; ability to use sophisticated GPS equipment, total stations, and other electronic surveying equipment; skill in taking legible notes.
4. Working Conditions:
Incumbent of the position provides information technology service to all City facilities. Tasks require a variety of physical activities, involving limited muscular strain, such as lifting & transporting small electronic equipment, stooping, crawling, sitting, reaching, twisting, talking, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, and finger dexterity exist. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, critical thinking and guided problem solving.