The Data Management Committee strives to establish best practices for the development, sharing, and editing of geographic data in Utah.
The objectives of the committee are to:
- Promote the use of standardized data models among entities to ease data sharing and compatibility
- Facilitate data sharing between government agencies and organizations to reduce data redundancy
- Establish best practices to support data integration and flow of data from local to state agencies
- Identify and establish best-practices for enterprise data editing and workflow
- Create feedback mechanisms to improve data quality and currency
- Advocate for the effective and efficient use of geographic data throughout Utah