Jefferson County Colorado Open Space is seeking an experienced GIS Analyst
Please apply here: https://www.jeffco.us/jobs OPENING DATE: 03/23/18 CLOSING DATE: 04/12/18 06:00 PM
DIVISION: Open Space DEPARTMENT: Parks
If you’re a Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst looking for a new opportunity, then Jefferson County Open Space wants to bring to your attention a position that we currently have open. This position provides you with an opportunity to work within teams that collaborates on producing high quality results and solving complex problems. We are seeking someone that loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge with those that they work with.
• Under general supervision and as a member of the Open Space GIS Team, this Analyst position is responsible for GIS services and operational support within the Jefferson County Open Space department.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Fulfill GIS Team projects, tasks and programs (operations) in support of our organizational needs discussed with Team and/or supervisor.
• Promote best GIS practices, utilizing best available industry resources and team generated; workflows, standards and infrastructure.
• Collaborate by attending GIS Team and other Team meetings; provide updates on GIS Team projects, task and/or programs.
• Drives development, analysis and maintenance of operational geospatial data (i.e. boundaries, trails, natural resources, asset management, etc.) in support of the data driven decision process.
• Implements and collaborates on the production of high quality GIS-generated cartographic mapping for visitor education, meetings, presentations, etc.
• Conducts, supports and trains others on best field collection needs for data development and maintenance.
• Partners with governmental and non-governmental agencies to obtain digital data for use in projects.
• Educates staff and GIS users of various skill levels on best internal GIS operational process, infrastructure and industry resources to insure quality.