Analyzes the accuracy of public land monumentation field data and uses computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to update survey monument tie sheets, township resurvey plats, and elevation plats. Assists the County Surveyor with other office related functions. May assist with the surveying of County real property and the maintenance and perpetuation of public land survey monumentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maintain survey monument tie sheets including the horizontal and vertical data shown thereon.
2. Assist the Deputy County Surveyor in the creation of Record of Survey plats.
3. Assist in compiling, tracking and analyzing survey documentation pedigree information.
4. Perform advanced calculations for all aspects of work including closing and adjusting traverses and calculating complex GPS positioning information.
5. Use a variety of field equipment including levels, total stations, and GPS equipment.
6. Use appropriate software to create survey drawings for a variety of uses.
7. Assist field crews.
8. Use coordinate geometry and other methods to perform analysis of survey data related to the public land monumentation network to ensure its completeness and accuracy.
9. Assist the County Surveyor in final local entity plat review.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associate degree related to land surveying, GIS, cartography, drafting, or engineering and four years of related work experience.
2. Other combinations of work experience and education that may also be considered: a. related bachelor’s degree and four years of related experience b. six years of related experience