Are you a skilled GIS Analyst looking for an exciting career working with Forestry and Wildland Fire in the Great State of Utah? The Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands (FFSL) in the Utah Department of Natural Resources, is looking for someone like you to fill their Senior GIS Analyst position to support the Forestry and Wildland Fire programs. This is an exciting position working with a great team that offers a flexible schedule, telecommuting opportunities, and occasional travel through Utah.
Click HERE to view the job details or apply.
This is a full-time, schedule B (career service) position.
Location: Salt Lake City
Requisition #: 14712
Closes: Thursday, February 22, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
As a Senior GIS Analyst you will:
- support the GIS and mapping needs of our Forestry and Wildland Fire programs.
- design, configure, create and support new GIS tools, workflows, integrations, spatial databases and methods for data collection, processing, interpretation and display, in coordination with GIS and IT staff and groups.
- plan, publish, design, update/upgrade, and maintain FFSL’s geographic information system data and services in coordination with GIS and IT staff and groups.
- support wildland fire incidents with GIS and other duties as needed.
- coordinate GIS data, projects and activities between FFSL programs, area offices, state and federal agencies, cities, counties, special service districts, and other organizations.
- perform spatial analysis, and model complex scenarios in order to deliver and track FFSL programs, initiatives and policy and facilitate executive decision making.
- publish GIS services and map products to help FFSL achieve its mission and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess:
- GIS certification from an accredited college or university, the Geographic Information Systems Certification Institute (GISCI), or Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI)
- At least 4 years of direct GIS experience
- A positive, open-minded and collaborative outlook and attitude
- A strong work ethic
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and/or knowledge with GIS work in natural resources and/or wildland fire
- Specialized GIS skills such as programming, scripting, advanced cartography, spatial modeling, etc.
- Experience with using and administering ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server/Portal
- Knowledge of emergency management and homeland security concepts; state government agency obligations under the National Response Framework, NIMS, and ICS (IS-00100.b, IS-00200.b, IS-00700.a, and IS-00800.b )
Why you should join our team
The Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands is a progressive, diverse agency responsible for forest stewardship, managing wildland fires, and conserving sovereign lands in Utah. You will have the opportunity to be part of the Division’s GIS and Information Technology team and make a positive impact on FFSL programs, stakeholders and employees with your GIS skills and ideas. Additionally, the State of Utah offers great benefits and generous paid time off, enabling a positive work-life balance. Click here to view a summary of the benefits offered