Jefferson County Colorado Open Space is seeking an experienced GIS Analyst
Please apply here: https://www.jeffco.us/jobs OPENING DATE: 03/23/18 CLOSING DATE: 04/12/18 06:00 PM
DIVISION: Open Space DEPARTMENT: Parks
If you’re a Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst looking for a new opportunity, then Jefferson County Open Space wants to bring to your attention a position that we currently have open. This position provides you with an opportunity to work within teams that collaborates on producing high quality results and solving complex problems. We are seeking someone that loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge with those that they work with.
• Under general supervision and as a member of the Open Space GIS Team, this Analyst position is responsible for GIS services and operational support within the Jefferson County Open Space department.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Fulfill GIS Team projects, tasks and programs (operations) in support of our organizational needs discussed with Team and/or supervisor.
• Promote best GIS practices, utilizing best available industry resources and team generated; workflows, standards and infrastructure.
• Collaborate by attending GIS Team and other Team meetings; provide updates on GIS Team projects, task and/or programs.
• Drives development, analysis and maintenance of operational geospatial data (i.e. boundaries, trails, natural resources, asset management, etc.) in support of the data driven decision process.
• Implements and collaborates on the production of high quality GIS-generated cartographic mapping for visitor education, meetings, presentations, etc.
• Conducts, supports and trains others on best field collection needs for data development and maintenance.
• Partners with governmental and non-governmental agencies to obtain digital data for use in projects.
• Educates staff and GIS users of various skill levels on best internal GIS operational process, infrastructure and industry resources to insure quality.
Jeffco Open Space was founded as a land conservation organization in 1972 by PLAN Jeffco and The League of Women Voters of Jefferson County. These organizations proposed a unique concept to the Board of County Commissioners to preserve the scenic vistas and open lands within the county using the collection of one-half of one percent tax on sales in Jefferson County to fund the program. The voters agreed, thereby ensuring perpetual land conservation, stewardship of open space and parklands, and access for public enjoyment.
The Jefferson County Open Space Mission is to:
• Preserve open space and parkland
• Protect park and natural resources
• Provide healthy, nature-based experiences
About Jefferson County Colorado: A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidate career growth and a diverse workforce. More than just a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area. Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you’re ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.
• Bachelor’s degree in geography, city and regional planning or a related field (e.g., natural resources, computer science, public administration) with a specialty in GIS and minimum of 2.5 years related work experience, or any equivalent combination of contiguous education and experience.
• This position requires a high attention to detail and strong emphasis on quality.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of GIS, its uses and applications.
• Strong focus on quality service and timeliness of products to internal teams/team members and external partners.
• Proficient with use of ESRI and Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Capable of analyzing processes and developing/implementing programs and applications based on a variety software product.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and education verification.
Providing work experience is required for all applicates being considered for this position. This can be in the form of digital (preferred) or hard copy portfolios, Urls, pdfs, jpegs, data, etc. Please attach example to this application.
Must have a valid driver’s license, if you are from out of state, you must have a valid Colorado driver’s license within 30 days of hire date, and you must not have any major violations DUI, DWI, DWAI.