JOB TITLE: GIS Analyst
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
HIRING RANGE: $66,708-$80,000
This position is responsible for performing geographic information system GIS functions, programming and to provide support in developing technical reports and presentations; and to serve as technical support resource for various software applications and to other District departments, outside agencies, and the public.
1. Composes, inputs, manipulates, reviews and maintains electronic Spatial Data in various. Creates and analyzes district facilities, asset geometry, easements, rights-of-ways, and land classifications as part of the Federal RRA Irrigation water program.
2. Manipulates data layers from different sources, including CAD, into correct coordinate systems.
3. Studies, analyzes, and interprets various engineering plans and documents, compares to previous plans and reviews for changes, for GIS data creation.
4. Prepares maps, charts, and graphics for District, consultant, and public use. Works with outside consultants as directed to produce datasets and maps using GIS related software.
5. Assists in conducting or overseeing field inspections, project coordination, and data analyses at District projects and facilities.
6. Uses specialized GIS skills such as GIS tool customization, scripting, advanced cartography, spatial modeling, web map creation, geodatabase design, creation, and maintenance, etc.
7. Exercises demonstrated experience in configuring ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Web App Builder, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal and other GIS-related programs.
Bachelor’s degree in GIS or geography with experience in CAD systems, plus six years experience related to job tasks or equivalent combination of education and experience.