Closing: 7/16/2017 11:59 PM Mountain
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Planning and Construction, performs specialized technical work in the operation and maintenance of GIS (Geographic Information Systems), CAD drafting, GIS data entry, graphic editing, geographic data analysis, space inventory and document management and production of a wide variety of maps an schematic reports and other GIS related responsibilities as assigned. Provides assistance in project planning and management.
- Create, maintain and update campus AutoCAD drawings, facility maps, systems maps and records including blueprints, program guides and design documents, operations and maintenance manuals, GIS and CAD files for the Facilities Management department. Perform data queries and analyses as needed. Recommend appropriate reactionary strategies in response to GIS analysis.
- Create and maintain building floor plans in GIS and CAD. Identify and map all University utilities, easements, and property boundaries. Assign attributes to items or areas that need specific identification.
- Record and be responsible for specific data collection using GPS units and integrating the data into GIS and CAD drawings. Be responsible for the day-to-day hardware and software support, training and development as it relates to GIS and CAD services.
- Consistently track and file all campus drawings and project drawings, specifications, O&M manuals, and soils and testing reports, from initial design to as-built record drawings. May create databases and application programs and manage projects.
- Analyze architectural and engineering documents provided by outside consultants to ensure that documents accurately record field conditions and are dimensionally accurate.
- Assist with updating recording/filing, and submitting the Space Inventory document to the State of Utah. Work with private, local, state, and federal agencies as necessary.
- Create maps and datasets including hard copy print, and electronic deliverables for distribution. Assist in the design, development, collection, maintenance, analysis, presentation, delivery and archiving of space data for various projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, with emphasis in GIS and/or CAD, required
- Three years related experience required; experience working in or with higher education preferred
- Working knowledge of ERSI GIS products with proficiency in AutoCAD and the ability to commingle and transfer compatible data in ARCGIS, GPS, and CAD
- Ability to use survey grade GPS units; must be able to operate and maintain all types of job-related equipment
- Good computer and general office skills relating to Microsoft Office Suite, Google Platform, etc.
- Spatial aptitude is required with the ability to easily visualize and sketch a floor plan during a walk-through of a building
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal; ability to work with Facilities Management staff regarding critical information, safety issues, work requests, problems, upcoming needs, and tasks within one’s job scope that impact other personnel within the unit
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations
- Basic understanding of building construction and architecture is preferred